Friday 3 October 2008

Friday Feast again

Appetizer

What was your favorite cartoon when you were a child?

I must confess a special fondness for Top Cat and Road Runner. Recently, the Illegal Kittens have been doing some pretty damn accurate impersonations of the latter when they fall off the edge of the surface by simply refusing to accept that they have reached the end and continuing to walk, cue wide, comedy scared-kitten eyes, bristling fur and a loud thump, followed by two confused expressions on furry faces. Perhaps I should change their moniker from Illegal Kittens to Incredibly Thick Kittens.

Soup

Pretend you are about to get a new pet. Which animal would you pick, and what would you name it?

I would probably get a llama, because I am enamoured with the pointlessness of them, and the way they spit when annoyed, which I wish I could emmulate, but manners stop me. I would probably name it Bert, or Nigel, and get it a lovely shiny lead, which I could lead it around on. If I got another cat, I would definitely name it Chairman Miaow, which I wish I could have done with the previous kittens. I would actually have another cat, just to call it by that name.

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy getting all dressed up for a special occasion?

10, 10 10! If there was an Olympic sport made out of getting ready, I would bring home the gold medal. A glimmering gold medal that has been getting ready all day, polishing its shiny bits, buffing up its not-so-shiny bits, putting in its chicken fillets, applying the exfoliator and smoothing down its ribbon.

Main Course

What kind of music do you listen to while you drive?

Anything and everything. At the moment, I am particularly favouring 'Waking Up' by Elastica in the mornings. I also LOVE Foreign Beggars, The Beatles, Gabriella Cilmi, Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, Feist, Morcheeba and Foo Fighters. My music taste is diverse, to say the least.

Dessert

Do you have any piercings?
Piercings I have: Two bars in my tongue, one through the back of my neck.
Piercings I had before work made me take them out: One through my lip. I mean literally, you could see the top of the bar in the top of my bottom lip, and the bottom half through my lower lip line. I LOVED it, because it was quite unusual. Then I sold my soul to the advertising industry and had to remove it.
Piercings I had before I realised they were way too much hassle: Two flesh tunnels, one in each ear, which I used to hang hoops through, in a rather punk-chav way. One scaffold through my ear, which, whenever anyone came within an inch of my ear, caused me to duck away, emitting small, high pitched, bat-like squeaks, such was the pain of it for six months. I spent these six months sleeping only on one side and waking with a cricked neck and aching ear, before I saw sense and removed it. In retrosepect, I think I may be a bit dim for not removing it earlier.

So that's my Feast - happy Friday!

2 comments:

LĂ©onie said...

What's a scaffold? I like the idea of bat-squeaking whenever anyone comes near, although obviously not the reason for it.
I am exactly the same about getting ready to go out. Although it is worrying when the getting ready is more fun than the night itself...

I had completely forgotten about Friday feasts! I would quite like a real feast for this Friday.

Fishwife said...

ooh you're my first comment - so exciting! I actually got the Friday Feast thing from your blog, which I've read from beginning to end and love! A scaffold looks like this...
http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/acatalog/scaffolding_industrial1.jpg